Does everything happen for a reason? Where does morality factor into career choice? And more simply, how are you doing anyway?
All are welcome to the Common Table—a casual, drop-in time to share lunch and conversation on a topic of spirituality, belief or values as we explore together what it’s like to be a person in the world. Hosted by Religious and Spiritual Life staff and a rotation of student, faculty and staff guests. Please reach out if you'd like to co-host a conversation! Common Table will resume January 28 and occur each Tuesday 12-1pm on the 2nd floor of Valentine Dining Hall. Schedule of topics include:
- Feb 4 - Spiritual practice and daily life
- Feb 11 - Learning another’s spiritual beliefs and customs
- Feb 18 - How do we make sensible choices?
- Feb 25 - Staying positive in this political/social climate
- Mar 3 - Faith and environmental responsibility
- Mar 10 - Facing challenge from a religious/spiritual perspective
- Mar 24 - What’s alive in your spiritual life right now?
- Mar 31 - Relating to competing truths
- Apr 7 - A spiritual turning point in your life
- Apr 14 - A spiritual mentor
- Apr 21 - A belief you hold dearly
- Apr 28 - A big question that informs you