- Newman Catholic ClubNewman Catholic Club
- Newman & Other Catholic Events
- Newman Club Leaders and Invitation
- Some Off-Campus Opportunities
- Catholic Bulletin (with special notices)
- Priest Celebrants and Special Guests
- Catholic, Locally: Diocese of Springfield, MA
- Pilgrimages and Retreats
- 2 Practices: Contemplative Silence, Lectio Divina
- Peace & Nonviolence in the Catholic Tradition
- YEARS OF: Mercy. Consecrated Life. Faith.
(past event) 10/2 Lecture: The Second Vatican Council's Fiftieth Anniversary
Where: Alumnae Library Theater, Elms College, Chicopee, MA
When: 7:30 pm. Tuesday, October 7, 2012.
Admission: Free and open to the public
Theological scholar and Elms College trustee, David O'Brien, Ph.D. will present on the fiftieth anniversary of the Second Vatican Council. Dr. O'Brien is faculty emeritus and Loyola professor of Catholic Studies at the College of the Holy Cross and was appointed university professor of faith and culture at the University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio. His publications include: American Catholics and Social Reform: The New Deal Years (Oxford, 1968); The Renewal of American Catholicism (Oxford, 1972); (co-ed), Renewing the Earth: Catholic Documents on Peace, Justice and Liberation (Doubleday, 1977); Faith and Friendship: Catholicism in the Diocese of Syracuse, 1886-1986 (Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, 1987); Public Catholicism (Macmillan, 1988); Isaac Hecker(1992).
Now in its twenty-sixth year, the Mary Dooley Lecture Series is presented annually by the religious studies department at the Institute for Theology and Pastoral Studies at Elms College.
Elms College Map and Directions - http://www.elms.edu/about-elms/campus-information/map-and-directions.xml
Contact: Institute for Theology and Pastoral Studies, Elms College
Ann Schwein Administrative Assistant 413-265-2575 email@example.com