- Newman Catholic ClubNewman Catholic Club
- Newman & Other Catholic Events
- Newman Club Leaders and Invitation
- Some Off-Campus Opportunities
- Catholic Bulletin (with special notices)
- Priest Celebrants and Special Guests
- Catholic, Locally: Diocese of Springfield, MA
- Pilgrimages and Retreats
- 2 Practices: Contemplative Silence, Lectio Divina
- Peace & Nonviolence in the Catholic Tradition
- YEARS OF: Mercy. Consecrated Life. Faith.
Spring Recess Opening Weekend: Amherst Newman Club Retreat
SPRING BREAK 2014 Retreat with the Newman Catholic Club. WHAT/WHO: The Newman Club is sponsoring an off-campus retreat over the first weekend of Spring Recess 2014. Our retreat leaders will be Sr. Chris Clark, DHM and Fr. Warren Savage. WHERE: Our retreat site is Kennebunkport, Maine, at the St. Anthony Franciscan Friary and St. Anthony's Franciscan Monastery Estate. We will be participating in Mass and invited to meet with one or two of the friars while there. Visit http://www.framon.net/entrada.htm for photos and details. WHEN: We will carpool together from campus late Friday afternoon (4 or 5 pm.), enjoy dinner on the road, and settle in with prayer and song on Friday night. Our retreat on Saturday and Sunday will include conferences with Chris and Fr. Warren, time for rest and reflection, Mass on Saturday with the friars, one or two walks along the shoreline (weather permitting). We will carpool back to Amherst late Sunday afternoon. The retreat will culminate in Chapin Chapel with Mass and a blessing at 5 pm. on Sunday. HOW: Would you like to sign up and/or help us plan? Contact the Newman Club at email@example.com or contact Dresdiana Mavindidze at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Sunday Mass.