Getting to the Stanley Street Site
There are a number of ways to reach the Habitat site, and, if you are walking, the one you choose depends entirely on your sense of adventure. It is recommended, however, that you attempt to borrow a van from Amherst College Center for Community Engagement. For information on renting a CCE vehicle, click here.
Via College and South East Street
Notice: Because there is no side walk on South East Street, exercise caution while walking it. Vehicles, however, will typically be respectful and slowly drive by you, giving themselves enough room to pass.
1) Head east (opposite direction of Northampton) on College Street. (College Street is the road that Valentine, Moore, and Cooper are located on).
2) Keep heading east until you reach South East Street.
3) Turn right (south) on South East Street.
4) Turn left on Stanley Street.
Via the Wildlife Sanctuary Path (Walking Directions)
1) Walk towards the tennis courts (you will pass a green shed).
2) Stay on the path, which will veer left.
3) Eventually, you will reach a section of asphalt on top of a hill. Walk down the hill until you reach a main road, where you will see a tunnel bridge.
4) Follow the road under the tunnel until you see Stanley Street. Turn onto Stanley Street and the house is on your left.