- Queer Resource CenterQueer Resource Center
- Mission & Program Goals
- Meet the QRC Staff
- LGBTQIAP Student Groups @ Amherst
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- General Campus Resources
- Campus Restrooms
- Community Resources
- Five College Consortium Resources
- Internships & Jobs
- Lavender Graduation
- Out of Amherst: Alumni
- QRC Annual Events
- QRC DVD Resources
- QRC Library Resources
- Queer History at Amherst
- Queer Studies/Certificate
- Study Abroad Resources
- Terms & Definitions
- Trans Resources: Campus
- Trans Resources: Community & National
QRC MISSION & GOALS
The mission of the Queer Resource Center (QRC) is to support the LGBTQIAP (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual, and ally) students of Amherst College. The QRC seeks to empower the lives of queer students at Amherst College by uniting the diverse individuals in the community across gender, race, age, class, religion, and ability differences. The intention of the QRC is to provide a safe, intentional, open, and confidential atmosphere where queer students and their allies can gather openly and discuss relevant issues/topics.
Through dynamic programming and educational outreach, the QRC seeks to improve the campus climate for queer students and advocate for the respect and safety of all members of the campus community. In collaboration with other campus organizations and departments, the QRC works to meet the needs of students to promote personal and leadership development.
We sponsor educational, social and campus community-building programs. Our library has an extensive collection of books and DVDs concerning queer issues/topics. Space can be used for club meetings, studying, and hanging out. The QRC networks with campus, Five College and Amherst area organizations in order to build a stronger community and support system for the queer students of Amherst College.
*Queer* Queer is an umbrella term used to be inclusive of all sexual and gender identities that challenge the norm.
- Provide intentional efforts that promote gender and sexual identity development
- Provide spaces (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) that holistically support queer students
- Provide educational resources and programming for queer students, allies and the campus community in order to create a safer and more supportive campus environment
- Provide opportunities to celebrate the leadership, identity, and diversity of the Amherst College queer student, staff and faculty community
- Advocate for systemic change that creates services, policies, and procedures that are inclusive of sexual and gender diversity