- Newman Catholic ClubNewman Catholic Club
- Newman & Other Catholic Events
- Newman Club Leaders and Invitation
- Some Off-Campus Opportunities
- Catholic Bulletin (with special notices)
- Priest Celebrants and Special Guests
- Catholic, Locally: Diocese of Springfield, MA
- 2 Practices: Contemplative Silence, Lectio Divina
- Peace & Nonviolence in the Catholic Tradition
- YEARS OF: Mercy. Consecrated Life. Faith.
Call for Volunteers for Vespers, 12/8 Evening Service
WHO: All are invited to respond to the call to participate by attending or by volunteering in Vespers. We especially want to encourage the first- and second-year students to step forward. HOW: We look for 1 or 2 readers and 4 or 5 ushers from the Catholic community each year. Volunteers are invited by Rev. Dr. Paul Sorrentino to either read a Christian text or to usher during the service. Scripts are provided for readers. Ushers greet, help with seating, and receive the free-will offerings at the end of the service. WHEN: Sunday, December 8. Readers and ushers arrive around 7 pm. (Since the afternoon service runs up against our Mass time, Catholic participants tend to come to the second, 7:30-8:30 pm, service.) WHERE: Johnson Chapel. Yes! WHY: Are you being prompted in the Spirit to volunteer? Vespers at Amherst is a beautiful, soulful tradition. Interested? Please respond this week by emailing Paul Sorrentino. firstname.lastname@example.org Every December the Christian community at Amherst sponsors Vespers, an hour of prayer, scripture, and holiday song. The Catholic community is very involved with this event through sharing the word, making musical and choral offerings, ushering, and bringing friends into the audience.
Tue, 10/29/2013 - 09:00