- Newman Catholic ClubNewman Catholic Club
- Newman & Other Catholic Events
- Newman Club Leaders and Invitation
- Some Off-Campus Opportunities
- Catholic Bulletin (with special notices)
- Priest Celebrants and Special Guests
- Catholic, Locally: Diocese of Springfield, MA
- 2 Practices: Contemplative Silence, Lectio Divina
- Peace & Nonviolence in the Catholic Tradition
- "Year of Faith"
(Past Event) 1/15-17/2013 ON CAMPUS: What do you value and believe?
A Writing Center Min-Course. Come write a “This I Believe” essay, in the manner of those read on National Public Radio and published on thisibe-lieve.org. This course does not demand that you delve into your deepest convictions; “This I Believe” essays can be uplifting, moving, insightful, and/or amusing. Topics of “featured” essays in-clude not only the power of love, the value of mending (as opposed to fixing), and the lessons taught by failure, but also the authors’ be-liefs in barbecue, cows, and semi-permanent hair dye. This three-session course is an exercise in reflection, in listening to others, and in building community through dialogue. It is also an opportunity to be guided through a writing process—from idea-generation to drafting to revision—that will result in an essay of which you are proud and which you may submit for publication online, or even on NPR. This mini-course will be taught by Kristen Brookes , Senior Writ-ing Associate, in the Writing Center. Registration, via the Writing Center’s website, is required, and enrollment is limited. Open to the entire college community. Tuesday-Thursday, January 15, 16, 17 noon - 1:00 p.m. each day