- Newman Catholic ClubNewman Catholic Club
- Newman & Other Catholic Events
- Newman Club Leaders and Invitation
- Some Off-Campus Opportunities
- Catholic Bulletin (with special notices)
- Priest Celebrants and Special Guests
- Catholic, Locally: Diocese of Springfield, MA
- 2 Practices: Contemplative Silence, Lectio Divina
- Peace & Nonviolence in the Catholic Tradition
- "Year of Faith"
9/11 Memorial Mass in Chicopee, MA
The 7th Annual deanery-wide Memorial Mass honoring the memory of the innocent victims and selfless heroes who perished in the tragic attacks of September 11, 2001 will be offered at 6:30 P.M. on Wednesday, September 11th at St. Stanislaus, Bishop & Martyr Basilica, located at 570 Front St. in Chicopee. Come and join your neighbors as, together, we gather to offer our thoughts and prayers, not only for the victims, but also for the families and friends that they have left behind. A reception, including light refreshments, will immediately follow the Mass in the parish hall. A free-will donation will be accepted for the benefit of the hunger ministry at Lorraine’s Soup Kitchen & Pantry.
4/20/2013: Women's Conference: Diocese of Springfield, MA
Father Leo Patalinghug, author of Grace Before Meals and host of Savoring Our Faith on EWTN. A priest from Baltimore, MD, he was featured on the Food Network when he won a "throwdown" against chef Bobby Flay. He will talk about faith and family life. Also speaking will be Susan Conroy, who worked with Mother Teresa in India and wrote about that experience She also will talk about caring for an aging parent.And Kathy Tobin, former anchor and news director at WGGB, will speak about her life and her work as development director for Friends of the Homeless. For information and to register: http://www.diospringfield.org/WOMENS%20CONF/womensconfbrochure.htm
Volunteer or Contact Bethlehem House Pregnancy Care Center
The Catholic community at Amherst is invited to volunteer or contact Bethlehem House Pregnancy Care Center http://www.bethlehemhousewma.org There is a 25 hour hotline for crisis calls only 1-413-262-8517 and a general number for Bethlehem House Pregnancy Care Center 413-527-2861. The poster provided by Bethlehem House reads "Services available - 24-hour crisis hotline, compassionate support, counseling and referrals, Free confidential pregnancy testing, free assistance in obtaining: abstinence & STD education; adoption information; breast-feeding classes; childbirth & child care programs; educaitonal assistance; emergency food; financial, elgal aid; housing; job training; maternity & baby supplies; pre-natal care. Bethlehem house Pregnancy Care Center is located at 152 Northampton Street, Easthampton, MA 01027 (PO Box 1393, Easthampton, MA 01027). For more information: http://www.bethlehemhousewma.org
Note: 5/11-17/13 Study Hours at the Cad
LATE-NIGHT STUDYING AND SNACKS!
|When:||Begins May 11, 2013 - 4:00 pm|
Papers and exams coming up? Tired of studying in the same old spaces? Need a late-night study area?
Come to the Cadigan Center for quiet and coffee! We'll even have baked goods available. Bring your friends!
Study hours are from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, and Sunday, May 12, and from 9 a.m. Monday, May 13, through 4 a.m. Friday, May 17. Please note that the Cadigan Center will NOT be open between the hours of 4 a.m. to 9 a.m. All rooms are available for quiet or small-group studying.
Please note that the Cadigan Center will NOT be open between the hours of 4 a.m. and 9 a.m.
The Cadigan Center is located at 38 Woodside Ave. You can find us on the Campus Map or:
1. Walk past Newport and take a left onto Woodside. We're the first house on the left (it's a bit down the road!).
2. Walk down the hill behind JChap and cross Route 116. Go down the road in front of you (Walnut St.). Take a right, and we're the first building on the right.
4/19-20 Eucharistic Congress:
From Fr. Bruce Teague -- Come join hundreds of your peers from across the City of Boston on April 19th & 20th for the sixth annual Archdiocese of Boston Eucharistic Congress for College Students and Young Adults!
Meet new people, listen to dynamic speakers (Msgr. Moroney and Ms. Susan Conroy who personally served with Bl. Mother Teresa in Calcutta), pray in new ways, get involved in Christian service, celebrate Mass with Cardinal Seán O'Malley, enjoy delicious food catered by the Italian restaurants of the North End, and participate in an evening Eucharistic procession. All this will be taking place at Sacred Heart and St. Leonard's Churches in the North End of Boston. For more information please visit the website at www.EucharisticCongress.or
Care, Reaching Out, Prayer. 4/16 Email from Chris Clark
Email to Catholic community mailing list. April 16, 2013.
I am writing for several reasons this morning.
- Though I have many feelings and thoughts about it I would like to share my sense of shock, sadness and anger in the wake of the violence done at the Boston Marathon yesterday. At the same time I was grateful to be able to be in touch, especially through social media, especially as news and rumors spread.
- I want to encourage each to reach out to the other and to help each one connect with the best resources. We are in an especially stressful time in the semester. We can get overwhelmed and isolated. I am reaching out, for instance, on Facebook, in this email, more importantly in person, and in prayer. I hope you are reaching out, too.
- Prayer. Perhaps in terms of prayer there is an aspiration, a breathed brief prayer -- or a Psalm, as Fr. Gawienowski preached about on Sunday -- or the Lord's Prayer -- or a prayer of the heart that you sing out on Memorial Hill.
Whatever form it will take, your prayer and thoughtful connection with others can make a positive response ripple through Creation.
-- Chris Clark, DHM
Article with Pope Francis's Response to 4/15 Boston
4/8 at Newman UMass: Dr. Karl Donfried
From Fr. Jon Reardon -- "Proclaiming Paul's Gospel in Post-Christian America"
The Newman Catholic Center would like to invite you all to its next lecture in our 50th Anniversary Lumen Christi Lecture Series. We have the privilege of hosting Dr. Karl Donfried. Please join us for his lecture: "Proclaiming Paul's Gospel in Post-Christian America." He will be here on Monday April 8th at 7pm. See the attached flyer for more info and for posting on your campus. We hope you can make it! God bless, Fr. Jon Reardon.
4/4/2013 Gospel of Luke: Live Presentation
LIVE! Bruce Kuhn. 7:00 PM, Thursday, April 4, 2013. Central Congregational Church 93 South Main Street, Orange, MA. "Bruce performs throughout Europe and America giving one-man presentations of Luke, Acts, and Philippians. His presentations are lively, fun, moving and accurate, and are gladly received by all, for he embodies the energy of the Word. We will take a free will offering.If you have any questions about this event, please call me at 978 544 7651. Rev Jeffrey Black. Pastor, Mission Covenant Church. Orange, MA.
Holy Week 2013.doc
Holy Week on Campus and in Amherst, MA