Department Name: Five College Schools Partnership
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Term/Start Date: Fall 2016-Spring 2017
The Five College Schools Partnership is looking for an energetic person with strong organizational, communication, and computer skills to assist with project management and events coordination. The Five College Schools Partnership brings Five College and K-12 educators together to improve their knowledge and teaching skills and to contribute to educational quality and opportunity from kindergarten to college. Each year, the Partnership organizes 3-6 major workshops or other events for teachers and students. The Events Coordinator will play a major role in the success of these events.
The Events Coordinator will assist the Partnership Director in the following major tasks:
- Manage publicity for events, including creating flyers and maintaining email distribution lists;
- Manage registration process: set up online registration forms, monitor registration data and produce finalized registration lists;
- Manage communications with event participants and host campuses of each event;
- Assist with event logistics such as set-up, materials production, participant assistance, etc.;
- Manage evaluation of events: set up and manage online or paper evaluation forms, compile and analyze data as needed;
- Produce certificates for participants;
- Research new funding sources for teacher professional development;
- Provide other assistance to Five College Schools Partnership programs, as needed.
Approximate Number of Hours: 8-10 hours per week; schedule is flexible but work will take place at Five Colleges offices, 97 Spring Street, Amherst.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to follow a project through to completion.
- Experience using technology for event publicity and registration;
- Interest in K-12 education.
Also helpful, but not required: Experience with Drupal web content management systems.
Hourly Wage: $11.00/hour. Candidates must be eligible for work-study.
How to Apply: Please send an email explaining your interest in the position, your resume, a writing sample, and a link to one social media site you have created or managed to Marla Solomon, Director of Partnership Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Five Colleges, Inc., 97 Spring Street, Amherst, MA 01002
Application Deadline: September 2, 2016. Applications accepted until position filled.