Weather closures and delays are announced on My Amherst.
You may also call the SNOW line to find out whether the College is closed:
- (413) 542-SNOW (7669)
- Toll-free: (888) 289-1049
See information about Closure Procedures & Notifications.
Watch the video, “Responding to an Active Shooter” and learn what to do. Run, hide, fight.
What do I do when...?
- Learn what to do in various emergencies, including fire, chemical spill, criminal behavior, medical emergency, storms and more.
- Read the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
AC Alerts for Alumni and Friends
Alumni and friends of the College may use the Alertus app, available for iPhone and Android, to receive AC alerts.
- Go to the app store and download the Alertus app. (Do not download the Alertus Activator app.)
- When asked for the organization code, enter amherst (case doesn’t matter).
- That’s it! When an emergency notification is sent, it will pop up on the phone.
Wondering How to Find General Information About Events on Campus?
Follow Amherst on Social Media.