What does Amherst mean to YOU?
Amherst is an extraordinary institution in large part because of the alumni who have supported the College from its earliest days. Our 25th Reunion is a defining moment, both for our class and for the institution that brought us together for the first time in the fall of 1985. Now is our time to support the College as those who came before us supported us.
Since its founding, Amherst has invested in students based on their potential, not on their ability to pay. Exceptional Amherst students, coupled with faculty who are not only excellent teachers but innovative scholars, help to create a community that remains as vibrant as it was when we were on campus 25 years ago.
Consider the impact of Amherst College on your life. Now imagine the effect you could have on the experience of Amherst students today. Your leadership gift in honor of our 25th Reunion is a powerful way for you to be involved in the life of the College and to honor your Amherst experience and education.
What counts in the 25th Reunion gift total?
All irrevocable gifts of cash, stock, real estate and gifts-in-kind (art, etc.) that are made during the 21st through 25th years out (July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2014) will count and may be pledged over five years.
In other words:
- All gifts received after the 20th Reunion count toward the 25th Reunion Gift.
- All gifts and pledges received in the 25th Reunion year count toward the 25th Reunion Gift, even if pledges are paid in the reunion year and the four years following.
Commitments can be made in one of two ways:
- an outright gift of cash or securities
- a five-year pledge commitment, the total of which will count toward the 25th gift.
Gifts and pledges can be directed to support one or more priorities, such as:
- the Annual Fund and 1821 Society
- financial aid/scholarships
- student internships and research
- faculty support
You could make a one-time leadership gift to the Annual Fund, make a five-year pledge, or designate your gift to more than one area. There are many opportunities to direct your support in a way that is consistent with your values and the needs and mission of the College. Please contact Marian Kent, Director of 25th Reunion Giving, at (413) 542-8244 for more information.
Visit the Class of 1989's website.
May 28- June 1, 2014