During the week of February 9-11, hundreds of students will join together to write thousands of thank you notes to Alumni.
Did you know?
- 58% of Amherst students receive financial aid.
- More than 11,000 alumni contribute to the Alumni Fund every year.
- 70% of alumni engage with the college every year through donations, volunteering and events.
- Tuition, room & board cover only 39% of Amherst’s operating costs.
- 28% of financial aid is awarded from dedicated, endowed scholarship funds.
- Last year, gifts of $100 and under paid for seven students to attend Amherst.
- 74% of students searched the Alumni directory in the last year.
- 20% of students have participated in the mentoring program Pathways.
Here’s how Amherst spends Alumni Fund contributions: