Accessibility of the Amherst Website
- Amherst College is committed to providing an accessible web site. Accessibility-related questions, requests and issues regarding this web site can be submitted by email to AskIT@amherst.edu or by contacting the IT Help Desk at 413-542-2526.
- Almost all Amherst College pages have links especially for users of screen-readers. At the beginning of each page, after "Amherst College" you will hear "Skip to main content," which will take you directly to the main text of the page.
- We provide a text-only version of our Offices and Departments list, which links to all of the college's academic and administrative departmental websites.
- Keyboard shortcuts for video players: please refer to this list of YouTube keyboard shortcuts, and for videos hosted by this website, this list of JWPlayer keyboard shortcuts.
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Amherst College switchboard: 413-542-2000
- Accessibility Services for students: 413-542-2337
- Admission (all questions related to applying to Amherst): 413-542-2328
- Alumni & Parent Programs: 413-542-2313
- Campus Police: 413-542-2291
- Employment at Amherst: 413-542-2372
- Information Technology Help: 413-542-2526
- Library: 413-542-2319
- Find more phone numbers, and departmental e-mail addresses, on our Contact Amherst page.
Amherst College provides reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). More information can be found at Accessibility Services pages, or by contacting the Accessibility Services Office, 211 Converse Hall, 413-542-2337; firstname.lastname@example.org.
To file a grievance, please refer to the Section 504 Disability Grievance Procedure page.
Accessible Information Technology
Our Accessible Information Technology site contains tips, standards, and resources for making digital material and information more accessible to more users.