Amherst College

Amherst College Home

Accessibility of the Amherst College Web Site

At Amherst we strive to make our website as accessible as possible. If you have a disability, we would like to hear about your experience with our site. Please e-mail your comments to

Accessibility Features for Users of the Amherst Site

  • Almost all Amherst College pages have links especially for users of screen-readers. At the beginning of each page, after "Amherst College" you will hear "Skip to main content," which will take you directly to the main text of the page, and "Skip to main menu," which will take you directly to the main navigation on the page.
  • Our list of offices and departments and our Campus Intranet are mostly-text pages that link to almost all the departments and services at the college.

Important Phone Numbers

  • Main Amherst College switchboard: 413-542-2000
  • Disability services for students: 413-542-2529
  • Admission (all questions related to applying to Amherst): 413-542-2328
  • Alumni & Parent Programs: 413-542-2313
  • Campus Police: 413-542-2291
  • Employment at Amherst: 413-542-2372
  • Information Technology Help: 413-542-2526
  • Library: 413-542-2319
  • Find more phone numbers, and departmental e-mail addresses, on our Contact Amherst page.

Amherst's Accessibility Initiatives

  • Staff and others publishing content on the Amherst site are encouraged to follow our guide for making accessible Web pages.
  • The college tested its Content Management System (the system underling the college's Web site) in March 2008, with users of Jaws, and subsequently added "skip" links and made some other improvements to the page structure.

Accessibility Services

Amherst College provides reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). More information can be found at Accessibility Services pages, or by contacting Jodi Foley, Manager of Accessibility Services, 201 Converse Hall, 413-542-2337;

To file a grievance, please refer to the Section 504 Disability Grievance Procedure page.