Note: This process is recommended for advanced users only!
- Make sure your photo is 200 pixels wide by 130 pixels tall. You will need to use Photoshop or another image editing program to resize/crop your image.
- Under the Settings tab, choose Add sub-page. Call this subpage photo.
- Click Menu and layout.
- Under Location on screen, choose Left column picture.
- Click Save settings.
- Click Add, then choose File upload. Select the 200 x 130-pixel photo from your computer.
- Click Upload.
- In the Comment Settings section, disable comments.
- Click Save.
The new photo will appear in the left column, with an Edit link superimposed over it. No one but you will see the edit link. From now on, whenever you want to change the left column photo, you can simply click the Edit link on the photo and browse to select a new photo. Always make sure your photos for the left column are 200 x 130 pixels.
If you ever forget to resize the image before uploading it, and want to delete it, you'll see that the image is overlapping the Delete button. Enlarge your text until the Delete button is visible (in Firefox, go to View/Text Size).
This procedure changes the left-menu image on the page where you added the image subpage AND on all subpages of the page.