Valid for Moodle 2.8 Updated on 7/30/2015.The Choice activity allows a teacher to ask a question and specify a choice of multiple responses. It can be useful as a quick poll to stimulate thinking about a topic; to allow the class to vote on a direction for the course.
Creating the Choice Activity
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of the screen. Click the Add an activity drop-down menu where you wish your Choice activity to display and click Choice or select Choice from the activity chooser. Either will bring up the Choice setup screen.
- Type a name for the Choice in the Choice name field.
- Type the question in the Description box.
- In the Options section by clicking the Allow more than one choice to be selected drop-down menu and choosing Yes, you can allow the student to indicate multiple answers. the Limit the number of responses allowed option restricts the number of students who can select a particular response. If you choose to limit, you need to put a number in the limit box under each answer.
- Enter possible responses in the Option fields. If you have selected to limit the responses, fill in the possible responses in the numbered Limit boxes listed. Complete one box for each option you want the students to have.
- Options in the Availability section allow you specify the dates when the choice will be available to students.
- The Results section lets you specify whether and when students get to see the results, and whether they can see who submitted a particular answer. Instructors can always see who responded.
- Common module settings and Restrict access are standard activity options. Most of the time the default values will be fine.
- Click the Save and return to course button.
Viewing Choice Results
To view the results of your Choice activity, click on the link for that activity in your course. This will bring up the basic Choice interface with the results. What you see will depend on the settings for the Choice. If you are not publishing the results to the students you'll get