- Course Catalog Editing Instructions
- Formatting Content for a Responsive Design
- Moodle Help
- Changes with 2.5
- Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty
- Go to Moodle
- Help for Instructors
- Accessing Course as Guest
- Accessing e-reserves off-campus
- Accessing Moodle Courses
- Attendance activity
- Chat activity (moodle.org doc)
- Choice activity
- External tools activity (moodle.org do)
- Forum activity
- Lesson activity (moodle.org doc)
- Questionnaire activity
- Quiz activity?
- Standard activity options?
- Virtual Classroom with a guest lecturer?
- Virtual classroom?
- Adding a Student
- Adding a TA
- Adding Syllabus
- Amherst Only Access
- AV Instructions
- Change Course Appearance
- Change profile picture
- Change section header
- Changing Course Settings
- Combining weekly and topics format
- Content editing icons
- Copying Course Data to Another Course
- Course Availability
- Course Formats
- Creating Groups
- Docking a Block
- Emailing a section
- Emailing Co-requisite
- Emailing students
- Exporting a forum
- Five college student access
- Getting Help
- Groups and Forums
- Guest access
- Linking to YouTube
- Logging into Moodle
- Modifying content
- Preventing Students from Starting Forum Discussions
- Printing a Forum
- Quicksets Block
- Recording Audio or Video
- Restrict Content Access
- Restrict gradebook access
- Rubric Grades
- See What the Student Sees
- Sharing Papers
- Student list
- Student tracking
- User Profile
- Using the Editor
- Ways to add content
- Who can access
- Known Issues
- Moodle Help for Students
- Submitting an Event to the College Events Calendar
- Web Design Style Guide
- How Do I...? (Questions and Answers about the Amherst Website)
- My Amherst
- Accessibility of the Amherst Web Site
How do I use the Scheduler
Valid for Moodle 2.5. Updated on 1/27/2014.The scheduler activity allows your students to sign up for a time slot. This can be used to arrange for office hours, control access to equipment or for any purpose where you need to limit when your students do something.
The first step in using the scheduler is to create the activity.
- Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of the screen. Click the Add an activity drop-down menu where you wish your Scheduler activity to display and click Scheduler or, if you are using the activity chooser, select Schedule from the list of resources and activities. This will bring up the Scheduler setup screen.
- Type a name for this particular Scheduler instance in the Name field.
- Set the other values as needed. Critical settings include
- Mode: This can only be set so a student can register for another appointment after completing one or so that the student can only set one appointment. It is not possible for the student to schedule multiple appointments at the same time.
- Default slot duration: This sets the time for each scheduled slot.
- Standard activity options are available.
- Click on the Save and return to course button at the bottom on the screen.
Setting up the Time Slots
One the schedule has been created, you need to create the time slots that the student can select. Start by clicking on the schedule name in your course. This brings up the scheduler interface.
The bottom part of the screen allows you to manually setup a scheduled event for a specific student of group. Clicking the Schedule button or link brings up a basic scheduling form.
To allow students to scheule themselves, you need to define the time slots that can be scheduled. Click on the Add slots button in the scheduler interface to add a group of time slots.
Fill in the fields as needed. Critical ones include,
- Date: Date of first slot
- Repeat Time Slot Until: Date of last slot
- Add Appointments on: Establishes a pattern of slots. In this case, the slots appear every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Start time: Time of first slot on any day.
- End time: Time of last slot on any day.
- Divide into slots?: When yes, the period from the start to end time is divided into individual slots of the specified duration.
- Duration: Length of each individual slot.
- Allow multiple students per slot?: How many students can sign up for a particular slot. This can be set to a variety of values, including Unlimited. This is useful for scheduling group activity or access to shared resources such as specialized lab equipment.
- Reuse this slot: If yes the slot is made available again is a scheduled use is cancelled.
Remember to click on Save changes when done.
Using the Scheduler
When the student goes to the scheduler they will see the folloing interface,
The student merely click on the radio button for the time slot they want.
As the instructor, when you go to the scheduler you'll see which students have signed up for a time.