- Course Catalog Editing Instructions
- Moodle Help
- Changes with 2.5
- Changes with 2.8
- Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty
- Go to Moodle
- Help for Instructors
- Accessing Course as Guest
- Accessing e-reserves off-campus
- Accessing Moodle Courses
- Adding a Student
- Adding a TA
- Adding Syllabus
- Amherst Only Access
- AV Instructions
- Change Course Appearance
- Change profile picture
- Change section header
- Changing Course Settings
- Combining weekly and topics format
- Content editing icons
- Copying Course Data to Another Course
- Course Availability
- Course Formats
- Creating Groups
- Docking a Block
- Emailing a section
- Emailing Co-requisite
- Emailing students
- Exporting a forum
- Five college student access
- Getting Help
- Groups and Forums
- Guest access
- Linking to YouTube
- Logging into Moodle
- Modifying content
- Preventing Students from Starting Forum Discussions
- Print reserves
- Printing a Forum
- Quicksets Block
- Recording Audio or Video
- Restrict Content Access
- Restrict gradebook access
- Rubric Grades
- See What the Student Sees
- Sharing Papers
- Student list
- Student tracking
- Using the Editor
- Ways to add content
- Who can access
- Known Issues
- Moodle Help for Students
- Submitting an Event to the College Events Calendar
- Web Design Style Guide
- Make Your Webpages Accessible to the Visually Impaired
- How Do I...? (Questions and Answers about the Amherst Website)
- My Amherst
- Accessibility of the Amherst Web Site
How do I restrict student access to the gradebook
Valid for Moodle 2.5. Updated on 9/11/2013.
To completely block access to the gradebook
- Go to Administration → Course Administration → Edit Settings
- Scroll down to the Appearance section.
- Find the Show gradebook to student option.
- Set to No. (The default is Yes).
Student can only see their own grades even when this option is set to Yes.
To block access to an item.
- Go to Administration → Course Administration → Grades.
- Go to Administration → Grade administration → Setup → Categories and Items or select Categories and Items from the pulldown in the grader report.
- Find the item. In the Actions column, click on the appropriate Edit. Find the eye icon labeled Hide and click. It will become the closed eye icon .
- You can later unhide the item by clicking on the closed eye icon.
To block access to the grade for a category.
This is the same as for an item except that you find the row containing the category total.
To hide the entire category.
This is the same as for an item except that you find the row containing the category header.
To block access to the course grade.
While it's possible to do this within the Categories and Items page by blocking access at the highest level, the simplest way is to block the users access to their grades for the course using the course settings as outlined at the top of this page.
[Note: students can only see their own grades. Even with access fully on they can not see other students grades. If they aren’t logged in, they wouldn’t see anything.]