Drag and Drop Directly to the Course Page.
- From your course page, turn editing on.
- Find the file you want to add on your Desktop or a Finder Window (Macintosh) or Windows Explorer Window (PC).
- Drag the file to the Topic or Week that you want to add it to. A box will appear at the bottom of that week indicating where the file will appear when you drop.
- After you drop the file you can then move it to precisely where you want it to go.
- The title of the file that appears on the course site will initially be the filename. You can change this by clicking on the Edit String icon ( ) that will be the first icon after the file title. Or you can go to the Edit pull down menu and use the use the Edit settings ( ) item to change many of the properties of the file including the title.
Important: A file resource only offers the user a single file. To upload multiple files you'll need to repeat the complete process below for each file. Although it appears you can upload multiple files at the same time, it will not work. (There is an exception to this put you'll probably never be in a position to need it). If you need to add a lot of files you may want to consider using a folder instead of a file resource.
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add a resource.
- Click on the Add a resource drop-down box and select File to get the file interface or, if you are using the activity chooser, select File from the chooser interface.
Type in a name for your file; this name will be displayed on your course’s Moodle page. Optionally you can add something to the description field. If you check the Display description on course page box then description appear on the course page otherwise the description is usually of little value.
In the Content section of the page, you have two ways to actually add files.
- You can drag files from your desktop or from a Finder window (Mac) or WIndows Explorer window (PC) to the box and simply drop them into the files area.
Click the ADD button. This will bring up the File Picker.
It most cases you want to make sure that Upload a File is selected. Click on the Browse button to use your system's file interface to find the file and then click on the Upload this file button.
While the interface will allow you to add multiple files, only one will actually be linked to on the page. However you may need to upload multiple files if the main file references other files. Similarly, the folder feature is only useful from files that are referenced by the main file. This feature is useful if you are loading html files that incorporate other files.
- For the other sections (not show), see the pages on common resource options. Usually you will not need to change the defaults.
Click the Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page.