Valid for Moodle 2.8. Updated on 7/23/2015.
A label allows you to have text, images and media that appear directly on your Moodle course page.
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add a resource.
- Click on the Add a resource drop-down box and select Label to get the label interface or choose Label from the activity chooser.
- Enter the text for the label. If you show the editing tools you can add images and links to your Labels by using the image button (a picture of a tree) and the link button (a chain).
- For the other sections (not show), see the pages on common resource options. Usually you will not need to change the defaults.
- Click one of the two Save buttons at the bottom.
TIP:If you are putting a label between two other pieces of content, you may want to start with a blank line so the label is spaced out a bit from the content above.
The editing menu for a label is located below the label rather than to the right as they are for all other types of content.