Valid for Moodle 2.8. Updated on 7/23/2015.
This resource allows you to create 'Lightbox' enabled image galleries within your Moodle course.With the lightbox adding contents to the lightbox is separate from defining its basic characteristics.
Creating the lightbox
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add a resource.
- Click on the Add a resource drop-down box and select Lightbox galley to get the lightbox interface or select Lightbox gallery from the activity chooser.
- Type in a name for your page; this name will be displayed on your course’s Moodle page. Add something to the description field.
- The Advance section deals mostly with layout of the images. In general the defaults are acceptable.
- For the other sections (not show), see the pages on common resource options. Usually you will not need to change the defaults.
- Click one of the two Save buttons at the bottom.
Once the lightbox has been defined a link will appear in the course. Clicking on the link will bring up a largely empty page that displays the description and has an Add images button. Clicking on the image will bring up an interface where you can select files to add. Note that although it appears that you can upload multiple files at the same time, we've had problems attempting to do this with this version of the lightbox. The solution is either to go through the entire upload process one file at a time or to compress a series of images into a zip file and upload the zip file. Lightbox will upzip and use the individual files. The resulting lightbox display will show image thumbnails. Clicking on a thumbnail will bring up a full size version of the image.