Valid for Moodle 2.8. Updated on 7/23/2015.
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add a link.
- Click on the Add a resource drop-down box and select URL to get the link interfacek or choose URL from the activity chooser.
- Give the URL a name and description. The description field is now optional. The Display description on course page allows you to have the description appear on the course page rather than only being visible when the link is clicked.
- Copy the address of the web page from your browser and paste it into the External URL box in the Content section, or simply type in the web address.
- The Appearance section controls how the link is displayed. The default values are fine in most situations.
- The URL variables allow you to pass values to link locations that use them. Most of the time these can be ignored.
- For the other sections (not show), see the pages on common resource options. Usually you will not need to change the defaults.
- Click one of the two Save buttons at the bottom.