Valid for Moodle 2.8. Updated on 7/16/2015.
- Turn editing on using the Turn editing on button in the upper right just below the purple bar.
- Clink the update icon just below the current section title. (The very first section does not initially have a title). This brings up the section title editing form. (Moodle refers to the header as a "summary" in some places).
- Uncheck the Use default section name box. Until you do this you can’t enter a new name or add a summary.
- Enter the new section name in appropriate box.
- Scroll down and click the Save changes button.
If you are using the weekly course format, the section for the current week will be automatically highlighted even if you’ve renamed it.
If you are using the topics course format, the section number will continue to be displayed even if you’ve renamed the section.
At any time you can go back to the default name by rechecking the Use default section name box.