Valid for Moodle 2.8. Updated on 7/21/2015.
The easiest way to do paper sharing between students is by using the Forum activity. In this example we’re assuming that document exchange is the only thing you want to do with this forum.
- Turn on editing using the button in the upper right.
- At the appropriate point in your course, select Forum from the Add an Activity… pull-down menu or select Forum from the activity chooser.
- On the forum setup page, give the forum a name and a brief description.
- For Forum type select Q and A forum. While not critical, this reduces the chance that students will upload their papers as a reply to another student rather than starting their own discussion thread. However this assumes that students don't need to see the other papers before they submit their own.
- In the Appearance section, set the Maximum attachment size to something appropriate for the papers/files you expect. If you are expecting files larger than 200MB please contact Academic Technology Services. For text files, the default value should be fine.
- Scroll down and click the Save and return to course button.
The forum type may change to meet your specific needs. For fields not mentioned above the defaults are usually fine.