Check the Amherst Password Rules before setting a new password to ensure that your password meets our complexity criteria.
In the two sections below, find the description that best identifies you and choose the corresponding password reset system.
Note: Employees are required to change their passwords once per year. If you are an employee whose password has expired, you can still use your expired password to set a new password using Standard Password Reset.
- Existing Amherst faculty, staff, or student
- Retiree or spouse/partner (these are legacy accounts; Amherst no longer provides retiree or spouse/partner accounts)
- New faculty or staff (before your official start date)
- New student (before the start of your first semester classes)
- Five College student
- Folger employee
- Widow/widower of an alum or retiree
- A Parent or family member looking to complete the Family Questionnaire
...use Email Password Reset to discover your username and create or change your password.
IF YOU ARE...
- Parent or other person designated by a student to access billing information