Questions about retirement? TIAA financial consultants have answers.
TIAA members can receive personalized advice and education from a TIAA financial consultant, at no additional cost.
A conversation early in your career may focus on:
- Debt management
- Investment basics
- The benefits of saving for retirement
In your mid-career, you may want to know:
- If you are on track for retirement
- Strategies others may have used to catch up or strengthen their overall plan
- How to consolidate assets to simplify managing your money
Transitioning to Retirement
If you are nearing retirement, you may be interested in discussing:
- Required minimum distributions
- Lifetime income options
- Cash withdrawal options
- Legacy goals
No matter what your needs, or where you are in life, financial consultants are dedicated to helping you reach your goals by:
- Taking the time to understand your financial situation
- Evaluating your goals and objectives, and answering questions such as:
- Am I on track?
- Am I saving enough?
- Can I retire when I want?
- Have I invested appropriately?
- Reviewing outside assets and Social Security projections to achieve a holistic view of your retirement readiness
- Providing actionable recommendations on retirement plan assets with TIAA
Schedule an Appointment
We are using TIAA’s services for the scheduling of individual counseling sessions.
Options to schedule your appointment:
- Call TIAA at their special scheduling number, 800-732-8353, weekdays from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (ET)
- Log into TIAA or use the Single Sign-on feature (you can also register as a guest if you do not have a TIAA account) and then visit their online scheduling page.
Licensed representatives will be available to speak to you about your planning goals and needs via phone, video chat, or in person. The financial consultants supporting Amherst College are:
Documents to Bring to Your Meeting
Be sure to have these financial statements on hand: