Have a citation? Check our holdings in the box above
Starting your search for articles? Use the Databases tab.
Find images, texts, videos, and more from the Archives & Special Collections and Art & Architecture Collection.
Be sure to log in with your Amherst username and password to see your search results.
Library committees and task groups
Membership as of 1/1/13
The Collection Development Group is a standing committee of librarians to:
- coordinate and refine the Library/academic department liaison program;
- actively participate in materials selection for the Library, and work closely with faculty and administrators to shape the collection;
- gather and standardize collection development information and serve as a forum for its exchange among liaisons;
- provide information to and advise the Librarian and the Library Committee on allocations and collection development policy.
Membership as of 02/14/13
From the group's charge: The Digital Program Working Group provides input on the strategic direction and development of the library’s digital program.
Membership as of 12/3/13
The Program Group coordinates the Library's non-instructional programming, including speakers, exhibits, and social events.
Membership as of 09/20/13
From the group's charge: The Space Enhancement and Design Group evaluates the Library’s immediate space needs and recommends strategies to address them, with a goal of creating a more welcoming, comfortable and effective physical environment for Library users and staff. The Space Enhancement and Design Group coordinates the process of setting priorities and developing projects that meet this goal.
Membership as of 01/01/14
From the group's charge: The Web Oversight Group provides overall leadership for the development and maintenance of the Amherst College Library’s Web presence.
Membership for 2013-2015
- Bryn Geffert, Librarian, ex officio
- Professor Catherine Epstein
- Professor Cathy McGeogh, chair
- Professor Boris Wolfson
Links to committee content (for Five College library and Five Colleges, Incorporated staff only)
- Ad Hoc Depository Advisory Group
- Aleph Advisory Group
- Archives & Special Collections
- Collection Management
- Digital Environment Development and Coordinating Committee (DEDCC)
- Digital Preservation Task Force
- Joint Systems & OPAC Working Group
- Librarians Council
- Research, Instruction, and Outreach (RIO)
- Shared Electronic Resource Management (ShERM)