Have a citation? Check our holdings in the box above
Starting your search for articles? Use the Databases tab.
Find images, texts, videos, and more from the Archives & Special Collections and Art & Architecture Collection.
Be sure to log in with your Amherst username and password to see your search results.
Friends of the Amherst College Newsletter
Volume 30 (2003-2004)
- A Million Volumes Strong: The Library Celebrates a Major Milestone. By Daria D'Arienzo.
- The Friends Tribute to Will Bridegam, Librarian. By Samuel B. Ellenport.
- Sherre L. Harrington: Librarian of the College, 2004 - .
- Remembering James Merrill at Amherst. By Daria D'Arienzo.
- "This Boke is Myne": Celebrating Books and Their Owners from William Caxton to Langston Hughes. A talk by Richard Kuhta.
- The State of the Library. By Willis Bridegam.
- Folger Shakespeare Library Fellows. A report by Nicholas Pedersen.
- Earthbound and Heavenbent: Elizabeth Porter Phelps and Life at Forty Acres (1747-1817). A talk by Elizabeth Pendergast Carlisle.
- The Earliest Printed Map of Amherst, 1833. By John Lancaster.
- The President and the Poet: John F. Kennedy at Amherst, October 26, 1963. By Daria D'Arienzo.
- Samuel Fowler Dickinson: A Clarification. By Alfred Habegger, Polly Longsworth, and the Editor.
- Hugo Saglio '31: A New Publication and a Remembrance.
- Morgan Library, 1905.
News and Announcements
- Michael Mazur '57: The Robert Frost Library Fellow, 2004.
- "In Equal Measure": The Frost-Lankes Connection. Announcing a Talk by Welford Taylor.
- The Amherst Center for Russian Culture. By Stanley Rabinowitz.
- Activities of the Student Advisory Committee. By Daria D'Arienzo and Ute Brandes.
- Care and Preserve 2004. By Daria D'Arienzo.
- The Frederick S. Lane '36 Student Book Collecting Competition for 2004.
- Gifts to the Library. By John Lancaster.
- Activities of the Friends. By Charles Husbands.
- Exhibitions 2003-2004.
- Members of the Council 2003-2004.
The Newsletter of the Friends of Amherst College Library (ISSN 1523-8091) is published annually, in the summer, covering events of the preceding academic year. This is volume 30, for 2003-2004. Copyright © 2004 by The Friends of The Amherst College Library. The editor is John Lancaster. Address all queries and editorial correspondence to The Friends of The Amherst College Library.