- Archives & Special CollectionsArchives & Special Collections
- Access and Use
- Collection Development Policy
- General Information and Hours
- Holdings and Finding Aids
- Bowles-Hoar Family Papers
- College Architecture
- Edward and Orra Hitchcock
- Emily Dickinson at Amherst College
- Fraternities at Amherst
- Lord Jeffery Amherst and Amherst College
- Robert Frost at Amherst College
- The Kim-Wait/Eisenberg Native American Literature Collection
- The Samuel French Collection
- Theses Collection
- Rare Book Holdings
- Digital Collections
- Subject Guides
- Soffer Ornithology Collection
- Lane Research Fellowships for Creative Artists
- Records Management
Have a citation? Check our holdings in the box above
Starting your search for articles? Use the Databases tab.
Find images, texts, videos, and more from the Archives & Special Collections and Art & Architecture Collection.
Be sure to log in with your Amherst username and password to see your search results.
Books by Robert Frost in the Amherst College Archives
Robert Frost taught at Amherst for many years, and formed friendships and close connections with many students, members of the faculty, members of the administration, and others in the community. They read and collected his work over the course of many years, and Frost often inscribed copies of his books for them, sometimes including a poem or part of a poem.
Many of these copies of his books have come to the Amherst College Library as gifts. These copies are described here in more detail than is practical in the Library's on-line catalog. Links from catalog entries for particular works and specific editions connect directly to the appropriate descriptions.
Listed here are only Frost's major books that were originally issued during his lifetime. Separate printings of individual poems, including the Christmas poems, are not included here, but are accessible through the online catalog.
To view the descriptions of all editions, printings, issues, and other variants of a particular work, click on the appropriate link below. The works are listed in chronological order of the first edition.
Selected Poems (1934)
Collected Poems (1942)