Have a citation? Check our holdings in the box above
Starting your search for articles? Use the Databases tab.
Find images, texts, videos, and more from the Archives & Special Collections and Art & Architecture Collection.
Be sure to log in with your Amherst username and password to see your search results.
Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures
Digital Programs adheres to national and international community-based standards and best practices in all its work, and with our Technical Services department leading the effort, has documented our own best practices for metadata creation. The following list documents our overall operations:
- Amherst College Digital Collections (ACDC) MODS Guidelines
- Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS)
- Visual Resources Association (VRA) Core
- Beneski Natural History Collections: Metadata Application Profile and Schema
- Software: Oxygen XML Editor
- Federal Agencies Guidelines Initiative (FADGI) Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Cultural Heritage Materials
- Epson Expression 10000XL Flatbed Scanners
- Zeutschel OS 12000
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II with EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact-Macro lens (1)
- Kaiser RB 5590 HF Lighting Unit (1)
- SilverFast Epson IT8 (flatbeds)
- Omniscan 12 (Zeutschel)
- EOS Utility (digital camera)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Bridge
Digital Asset Management System
Amherst College Digital Collections (ACDC) is a system based on Fedora and Solr that uses a number of additional tools to support application messaging, the web interface, and linked open data. Information Technology maintains a wiki documenting all aspects of the system.