Education Topic Guide
Try these databases first to find journal articles on this topic.
- Education Database (ProQuest) (1988 to present)
Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education.
- ERIC (1966 to present)
Covers research documents, journal articles, technical reports, program descriptions and evaluations, and curricular materials in the field of education.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) (1951 to present)
Indexes about 3,000 journals and 7,000 books per year.
- PsycInfo (1887 to present)
Covers the academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including psychiatry, sociology, education, and other areas.
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 to present)
Covers the international literature in sociology and related disciplines.
- Academic OneFile (1980 to present)
Full-text articles from all disciplines.
- Academic Search Premier (date coverage varies)
Full-text articles from over 3,600 journals in the social sciences, arts and humanities, and sciences.
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA) (1987 to present)
Covers health, social services, psychology, sociology, economics, politics, race relations, and education.
- Ethnic NewsWatch (1959 to present)
News and analysis from ethnic popular and scholarly publications.
- Women's Studies International (1972 to present)
Interdisciplinary, covers the latest scholarship in feminist research.
Locate data and statistical resources for research on this topic.
- Data.gov - Education
Explore education datasets, apps, resources for the classroom, and details about paying for college. These datasets cover education at all levels.
Database contains survey questions and answers asked in the US over the last 70+ years by more than 150 survey organizations. Create a personal registration for access to full features.
- National Center for Education Statistics
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
- Social Explorer (1790 to present)
Access to data from the U.S. Census, American Community Survey, religious congregations, and other sources, with options to create thematic and interactive maps and reports.
- Statistical Insight (ProQuest)
Searches U.S. federal government (1974-present), international intergovernmental (1983-present), state government and privately published documents (1981-present) that contain statistics. Many tables are available online as images or Excel files.