Have a citation? Check our holdings in the box above
Starting your search for articles? Use the Databases tab.
Find images, texts, videos, and more from the Archives & Special Collections and Art & Architecture Collection.
Be sure to log in with your Amherst username and password to see your search results.
Amherst College Library welcomes requests to hold events in our facilities in order to support the Library mission. To that end, the Library Program Committee will consider requests on a first come, first served basis, so long as the requestor agrees to the following policy:
- Applications must be submitted at least three weeks in advance of the proposed event date, via the Event Request Form.
- The Program Committee reviews each request considering the impact of the event on library users and the ability of the Library to support the event.
- Events will not be scheduled during reading periods, exams, or other circumstances that might disrupt the functions of the library.
- Events will be scheduled between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Friday. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Program Committee will post approved promotional materials provided by the sponsor.
- Groups or individuals must leave the space clean and ordered as they found it (i.e., clean tables, trash/recycling in appropriate containers, furniture in proper places).
- Groups or individuals are responsible for making arrangements for delivery and clean-up of any event refreshments. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Sponsoring groups will designate an individual as the event contact.
- Limited audio/visual equipment is available. All needs for AV support must be made clear in the Event Request Form.
- Receipt of requests will be acknowledged within 48 hours of submission. If you do not get a response within 48 hours please contact the Program Committee.