Our educational programs are suitable for all ages. We cover:
- Basic orbital mechanics of the planets using an orrery
- The apparent motions of the planets, sun and moon in our sky
- Explanations of meridian, zenith, ecliptic and celestial coordinates
- Solstices and equinoxes (for older groups)
- Identification of the common constellations, nad asterisms, their lore and mythology
- Finding the sweet spot for solar panels at any latitude
We end with some time to answer questions about astronomy, space travel and life on other planets.
Educational Resources from NASA
Educators are just one click away from accessing information on NASA topics and programs. An alphabetical index is available on all of the "For Educators" pages on NASA's Web site, http://www.nasa.gov. Choose from NASA educational resources, programs and projects, mission information, multimedia, NASA history, aeronautics, space science, Earth science, space operations, the Vision for Space Exploration and much more.
- K–4 For Educators
- 5–8 For Educators
- 9–12 For Educators
- Postsecondary For Educators
- Informal For Educators