The World-Wide Web is a set of computer technologies that publish and display information over the Internet in a highly interactive manner. At the heart of the Web are several content and programming languages that will be covered in this example-based course:
• The Web content languages (HTML and CSS) that are the foundation of webpages
• A document object library (jQuery) that makes it easier to manipulate your pages
• User-interface frameworks (Bootstrap and React) that provide pre-built components for your pages
• A Web server (Node.js + Express) that lets you store and search for your data
• A server-side database (MongoDB) to provide efficient access to your data
Please think about a project to which you’d like to apply your new understanding!
This course is non-credit and no charge.
Prerequisites: Priority is given to the Amherst College community and then the Five College community through December 27, after which it is first-come, first-served.