Please join Edwin Macharia ’01 as he talks about his career since graduating Amherst, his work with Dalberg, and the impact he is making in the world. As a biology major and international student at Amherst, he is eager to help all students understand the impact they can have in the world regardless of the career path they choose. Edwin will also be discussing his firm, Dalberg, and ways that you can join the firm. You can learn more about Edwin and his amazing career from Amherst College, to McKinsey & Company, to the Clinton Foundation and now as Partner and Regional Director for Africa at Dalberg Advisors. See more information about Edwin on his bio.
Dalberg is a global consulting firm that works to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. They work with and serve communities governments, and companies throughout the world providing an innovative mix of services that work alongside their clients or they start their own ventures to be laser-focused on creating positive impact. They don’t think of themselves as just consultants; they are investors, designers, and researchers who are conscientious about the externalities of their work. The consult, invest, design and research purely in the service of their impact objective.
Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Each of Dalberg’s businesses approach problems differently, but all of their businesses work together to create impact at scale. You can talk to Edwin and learn more about how to join Dalberg in one of their global offices and in one of their many businesses which include:
* Dalberg Advisors is a strategic advisory firm that combines the best of private sector strategy skills and rigorous analytical capabilities with deep knowledge and networks across emerging and frontier markets. We work collaboratively across the public, private and philanthropic sectors to fuel inclusive growth and help clients achieve their goals.
* Dalberg Capital facilitates investments that catalyze economic and social change. They advise on investments and develop investment strategies equally driven by purpose and performance. They design new ways to invest in emerging markets and mobilize capital to tackle development challenges.
* Dalberg Data Insights builds bridges between private data and important social problems. We create tools to interpret data and uncover solutions in international development, humanitarian action, and social impact.
* Dalberg Design engages people, communities and organizations to foster creative solutions to enhance economic opportunity and human potential. We combine the best skills in human-centered design, rapid prototyping and systems thinking to accelerate positive change in underserved communities around the world.
* Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems. We are a full service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers and lifestyles across more than 20 African countries via quantitative and qualitative studies. We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments and other institutions.