Amherst faculty and instructional staff are invited to learn about, or get a refresher on, technology for supporting teaching and learning at Amherst. In these sessions we will share how Amherst faculty are using a variety of digital tools to accomplish their pedagogical objectives.
There are three options to choose from!
• Friday, September 7, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 12, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, September 18, 10 a.m.
We will tailor these sessions to the interests of the attendees. A possible menu of topics includes:
• Moodle learning management for content distribution, discussions, assessment and collaborative activities
• Google Apps for group projects and document review
• Assistive technologies and the development of accessible instructional materials
• Active learning with classroom response systems (aka clickers), gamification, virtual reality and augmented reality
• Presentation and communication from PowerPoint and screencasting to graphic and web design
• Data collection and analysis using surveys, databases and mathematical and statistical applications
• Mapping and 3D including geographic measurement, synthesis and analysis, along with visualization and modeling tools
• Programming and high-performance computing for unique applications, big data and machine learning
The recruiting process for finance and consulting is here. Now is the time to make sure you have everything ready to conquer the process and land that full-time position or summer 2019 internship. Whether you will be interviewing for sell-side investment banking, sales, trading or research positions, looking at buy-side opportunities, or determined to land a consulting position, this workshop will help you hone all your skills and techniques to make the fall recruiting process easier. Stephanie Hockman, program director for Careers In Business and Finance, will lead a workshop to help you master the process including reviewing how to network at information sessions (which start as early as September 10) tips for acing the fit and behavior questions, technical finance questions, and the consulting case interview. Stephanie and the CIBF Interns will also be on hand to review resumes and cover letters after the workshop presentation.