Amherst faculty and instructional staff are invited to learn about, or get a refresher on, technology for supporting teaching and learning at Amherst. In these sessions we will share how Amherst faculty are using a variety of digital tools to accomplish their pedagogical objectives.
There are three options to choose from!
• Friday, September 7, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 12, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, September 18, 10 a.m.
We will tailor these sessions to the interests of the attendees. A possible menu of topics includes:
• Moodle learning management for content distribution, discussions, assessment and collaborative activities
• Google Apps for group projects and document review
• Assistive technologies and the development of accessible instructional materials
• Active learning with classroom response systems (aka clickers), gamification, virtual reality and augmented reality
• Presentation and communication from PowerPoint and screencasting to graphic and web design
• Data collection and analysis using surveys, databases and mathematical and statistical applications
• Mapping and 3D including geographic measurement, synthesis and analysis, along with visualization and modeling tools
• Programming and high-performance computing for unique applications, big data and machine learning
Come speak with Jonas Emery, representative with International Sustainable Development Studies Institute (ISDSI) in Chiang Mai in northern Thailand and Amari Barrett '18 who participated in the program last spring. ISDSI students study sustainable development in sequential modules and have a chance to see many regions of this beautiful and fascinating country. The program includes a strong leadership program and offers students many experiential activities. Join us on Tuesday, September 18 at noon in McCaffrey Room, Keefe Campus Center.
Kantar Consulting is a specialist growth consultancy. More than 1,000 analysts, thought leaders, software developers and expert consultants help the firm’s clients develop and execute brand, marketing, retail, sales and shopper strategies to deliver growth.
Kantar Consulting owns market leading assets including PoweRanking, GrowthFinder, U.S. & Global MONITOR, RetaiI IQ, RichMix, XTEL and Marketing, Insights and Purpose 2020. The firm tracks 1,200 retailers globally, has purchase data on more than 200 million shoppers, and forecast social, cultural and consumer trends across the world.
The firm is now looking for enthusiastic and interesting undergraduates who are curious about the world. Attend this information session to learn more from Kantar representatives about company culture, what a “day in the life” is like in the retail consulting space, and how to successfully apply for available entry-level opportunities.
Clarion Healthcare Consulting is a life sciences strategy and organizational consultancy that collaborates with clients to envision, craft and enable growth through innovation and leadership.
Clarion attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking minds in life sciences — seasoned professionals who obsess with the details of daunting challenges deep into the night; scientists and business brains working in symphony; gritty professionals who thrive on taking problems apart and putting them together again as elegant solutions.
Working at Clarion takes a candidate who is passionate about life sciences and is willing to go deeper than others. Advisors work closely with clients to build solutions to complicated challenges, which requires a commitment to collaboration and building shared ideas. The blend of intellectual rigor with the humility to truly work collaboratively is the Clarion hallmark.
Clarion aims to cultivate leaders through a commitment to teaching and supporting new hires’ career growth in whatever direction your interests and passions take you. Want to learn more about the company and its culture? Attend this information to hear from current advisors, including Amherst alumni Shelton Cochran ’16, about what it’s like to work at Clarion and how to apply for the firm’s entry-level opportunities.