Join us in the Mead Art Museum’s comfortably air-conditioned galleries for curator-led gallery talks. No two tours will be the same! Participants receive ice cream coupons from our generous sponsor Atkins Farms.
This event is part of the Mead's recurring "It's Cool at the Mead" series, every Thursday at 2 p.m. and Friday at 11 a.m. from June 20 to Aug. 23 (excludes July 4-5).
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are a powerful tool to discover spatial relationships and illuminate your research with intuitive maps:
• Illustrate historic sites and extract features from old maps
• Spatially correlate census, economic, and other data
• Display geologic formations and delineate watersheds
• Track human, animal, and plant populations
• Map locations from a GPS receiver
The course is in four parts, Monday through Thursday, June 17-20:
• Constructing and Sharing Maps (including with Google Earth)
• Mapping Named Data (including census data and street addresses)
• Mapping Coordinate Data (including using a GPS receiver)
• Mapping Image Data (including scanned maps and satellite data) and Extracting Map Features