Pratt Pool will be open for students, faculty, staff and alumni during Interterm from noon until 2 p.m. on the following dates: January 9, January 10, January 11, January 12, January 14, January 15, January 16 and January 17.
Pratt Pool will reopen on January 22 at noon.
The World-Wide Web is a set of computer technologies that publish and display information over the Internet in a highly interactive manner. At the heart of the Web are several content and programming languages that will be covered in this example-based course:
• The Web content languages (HTML and CSS) that are the foundation of webpages
• A document object library (jQuery) that makes it easier to manipulate your pages
• User-interface frameworks (Bootstrap and React) that provide pre-built components for your pages
• A Web server (Node.js + Express) that lets you store and search for your data
• A server-side database (MongoDB) to provide efficient access to your data
Please think about a project to which you’d like to apply your new understanding!
This course is non-credit and no charge.
Prerequisites: Priority is given to the Amherst College community and then the Five College community through December 27, after which it is first-come, first-served.
The Office of Human Resources is hosting a job fair on Thursday, January 11, 2018, from 2 - 6 p.m. at the Alumni House (inclement weather date, Tuesday, January 16, 2018). Please share this event with friends and family who may be interested in joining our Amherst College community. All are welcome to come and explore our current job openings! Please contact the Office of Human Resources with questions.