Amherst faculty and instructional staff are invited to learn about, or get a refresher on, technology for supporting teaching and learning at Amherst. In these sessions we will share how Amherst faculty are using a variety of digital tools to accomplish their pedagogical objectives.
There are three options to choose from!
• Friday, September 7, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 12, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, September 18, 10 a.m.
We will tailor these sessions to the interests of the attendees. A possible menu of topics includes:
• Moodle learning management for content distribution, discussions, assessment and collaborative activities
• Google Apps for group projects and document review
• Assistive technologies and the development of accessible instructional materials
• Active learning with classroom response systems (aka clickers), gamification, virtual reality and augmented reality
• Presentation and communication from PowerPoint and screencasting to graphic and web design
• Data collection and analysis using surveys, databases and mathematical and statistical applications
• Mapping and 3D including geographic measurement, synthesis and analysis, along with visualization and modeling tools
• Programming and high-performance computing for unique applications, big data and machine learning
Putnam has helped individuals and institutions pursue successful investment strategies for 80 years. Today, Putnam provides investment services across a range of equity, fixed income, absolute return, and alternative strategies. A global asset manager serving individuals, institutions, and retirement plan sponsors, Putnam distributes its services largely through intermediaries via offices and strategic alliances in North America, Europe and Asia.
Putnam's Early Career Programs offer a wealth of opportunities for motivated, talented and creative individuals with a passion to learn and succeed in the investment management industry. These programs offer fast-paced, hands-on job responsibilities, working directly with Putnam professionals; robust formal training programs to supplement on-the-job experience; and accelerated opportunities for those who demonstrate the aptitude and passion for success.
Attend this information session to learn more about Putnam’s culture, its Early Career opportunities, and how to successfully apply for internships and full-time positions with the company.
A panel of EY-Parthenon Associates, including Amherst alumni, will be on campus hosting a case interview preparation workshop. Come hear from recent graduates about how to master the case interview process and the do's and don'ts of the case interview.
EY-Parthenon is a strategy consultancy, committed to bringing unconventional yet pragmatic thinking together with clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies for real impact in today’s complex business landscape.
Undergraduate applicants with less than three years of work experience join EY-Parthenon as an associate. The associate program at EY-Parthenon is an incredible opportunity to fast-track your career by addressing the most challenging strategic issues that today’s businesses and organizational leaders face. Associates work side by side with an incredible group of peers, highly achieved mentors and senior leaders to advise clients on concerns, opportunities and pathways to help them reach their full potential.