The OHR Learning & Development Team invites you to kick-start your day with invigorating, accessible movement as well as a few minutes of grounding meditation with Molly Kitchen. These workshops will set you up for a calm, focused day and provide you with practical mindfulness tools you can use and reuse any time. Schedule these breaks as a fun way to start your week, as well as to learn tips for keeping that energy alive each day.
This is a 10-hour program open to first year students and sophomores interested in learning more about the finance industry and exploring potential careers in finance.
The workshop series will be held February 1-5, 2021, from 6pm – 8pm ET, and will be led by Stephanie Hockman, Loeb Center’s Director of the Traub Careers in Business and Finance Program.
The series is designed to help students explore and understand the finance industry, learn industry jargon, consider the intersection of industry players, and distinguish the nuances of roles and responsibilities in the industry. Topics covered during this 5-day, 10-cumulative-hour workshop series include:
1. Overview of the Finance Industry, finance terms, and interaction between the economy and finance
2. Overview of the Sell-Side Investment Bank and potential roles including investment banking (coverage and product), Sales & Trading, Research, and support functions (e.g. legal, compliance, risk management, human capital management)
3. Overview of the Buy-Side of the Industry and the various investment vehicles including:
• Asset Management/Investment Management
• Hedge Funds
• Real Estate
• Private Equity (including venture capital, growth equity and LBOs)
4. Overview of Private Wealth Management
5. Role of Institutional Investors in the finance ecosystem
6. Next steps if considering further exploration of careers in finance
REGISTRATION & COMMITMENT:
To register, you must commit to attending all five sessions February 1 – 5 (Monday – Friday) from 6pm-8pm each night. Please register on Handshake by January 28 to secure your spot. You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link by January 31.
Questions may be directed to Stephanie Hockman at firstname.lastname@example.org.