Calendar vs. Daily Mammoth
- Submit events, including recurring events, to the Calendar.
- Submit announcements to the Daily Mammoth.
Not sure whether your post belongs in the Calendar or the Daily Mammoth?
Here are some examples:
- A language table that occurs every Friday should appear in the Calendar as a recurring event, but may also be announced (up to three times per semester) in the Daily Mammoth.
- A contest with a submission deadline should be announced in the Daily Mammoth. It is not an event.
- An exhibition should be submitted to the Calendar as an ongoing event. The opening reception can be posted as a single event in the Calendar. The exhibition or the reception can also be announced (up to three times) in the Daily Mammoth.
Submitting Events to the Calendar
There are two ways to submit an event:
- College Calendar Submission Form — Your event will go into the queue for review by the Office of Communcations.
- Department Website Calendar — Create a new event on your department calendar and check the box to “Include this event on the main College calendar.” Events submitted via department calendars appear immediately on the College calendar.
If you need to make changes to your published event, or need to cancel an event, please use this form to contact a calendar administrator, which will notify several people in the Office of Communications. To have your edit applied by the next business day, please submit the form by 1 p.m. The web form is monitored Monday through Friday during traditional business hours.
If you manage a department calendar, you can edit your events in your department calendar and those edits will be reflected on the main College calendar.
Adding an Image to Your Event
To increase the visibility of your event, upload an image when creating the event.
Images must be at least 1080x1080 pixels. Images will be cropped to a square for display on the main Calendar page, and to a wider size for the event’s details page. Allowed file types are PNG, GIF, JPG, and JPEG.
Learn more about the Do’s and Don’ts of Digital Graphics.
Need an image for your event? Browse our Google folder of Amherst photos and stock art.
Featuring Your Event at the Top of the Calendar
To request that your event be featured at the top of the College calendar, check the box labelled, “Request that this event be featured at the top of the calendar.” An image will be required. We cannot guarantee that all events will be featured at the top of the calendar.
Featuring Your Event on the College Homepage
The Office of Communications features a handful of upcoming events on the College homepage at any given time during the academic year. We choose events based on public appeal and variety. If you would like us to consider featuring your event, please contact a calendar administrator. Please keep in mind that the audience for the College homepage is more external than internal.
Planning Your Event
See Communication’s guide to event planning to learn about reserving spaces, arranging catering or AV equipment, publicizing your event in local media, and more.