Calendar vs. Daily Mammoth
Not sure whether your post belongs in the Calendar or the Daily Mammoth? See the Calendar guide for examples.
Need help? Contact Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Mammoth Email Digest
The Amherst Daily Mammoth enables all students, faculty, and staff to share announcements and other information with everyone on campus.
Categories and Audiences
- Announcements are organized under subject categories, such as “Academic” or “Campus Business.”
- Since submitters can choose which audience to send their announcement to, you won’t see all announcements in the Daily Mammoth email digest. For example, if you are a staff member, you won’t receive announcements that were sent to students only.
- You can see announcements for all audiences (students, faculty, staff) via “See All Announcements” under My Amherst.
How to Submit an Announcement
At the Daily Mammoth on My Amherst, click “Submit an Announcement.”
Enter your title (up to 80 characters), subtitle (up to 80 characters), and text (up to 500 characters).
- Enter a link for more information. The link will appear as a “More...” link at the end of your announcement.
- You can link to a webpage, a calendar event, or other URL.
- You can include additional links in the body of your announcement by pasting in the complete web address (e.g., https://www.amherst.edu/news/communications/publicity-announcements ). Put a character space before and after the web address to ensure that it will work properly as a link.
- Choose the audience for your announcement.
- Choose up to three publication dates. By default, your announcement will appear in the next Daily Mammoth email digest. You can change that if you wish, and you can pick two additional dates.
- Choose a category for your announcement. Click the small “i” by each category to see its definition.
- Faculty and staff can edit their announcements up until 7:50 a.m. of the morning the announcement is scheduled to appear in the Daily Mammoth email digest.
- Students must submit announcements by 1:00 PM of the weekday before they wish to have the announcement appear. (See details below, under Timing.)
- You can see all your messages via “Announcements I’ve Posted” anytime.
(Read the policy/guidelines for more information.)
- When submitting your announcement, you may schedule it to appear for up to three days per semester. See the Daily Mammoth Policy.
- STUDENTS: Announcements submitted by students before 1:00 p.m. weekdays (excluding holidays) and meeting the guidelines will appear in the next morning’s 8 a.m. Daily Mammoth and/or on the dates scheduled in the submission form. For example:
- An announcement submitted by 1:00 p.m. Monday (excluding holidays) will be distributed in Tuesday morning’s Daily Mammoth.
- An announcement submitted at 1:01 p.m. Thursday will appear in the Daily Mammoth on Monday morning (excluding holidays).
- FACULTY AND STAFF: Announcements submitted by faculty and staff will appear in the next 8 a.m. Daily Mammoth and/or on dates scheduled in the submission form. Faculty and staff may edit their announcements up until 7:50 a.m. of the morning the first announcement is scheduled to appear.
See Past Messages
At the Daily Mammoth on My Amherst, click the “Archived” radio button near the search box. While in “Archived” view, you may click a category to see archived announcements in that category.