For All Users
A. User Responsibility
It is the responsibility of the person submitting the announcement—not of anyone associated with forwarding announcements to the Daily Mammoth—to ensure that each announcement submitted for distribution fully meets these guidelines.
B. Required Announcement Contents
All announcements must:
- Be submitted via the “Submit an Announcement” option in the Daily Mammoth on My Amherst.
- Conform to the College’s Terms & Conditions of website use.
- Relate to official College business or information related to the chosen category.
- Relate to programming sponsored by officially recognized Amherst College offices or organizations, or announcing opportunities to join newly forming official campus organizations.
- Exclude political statements, opinion, or other personal views. The Daily Mammoth is for announcements of factual information.
- Be limited to three publication dates per announcement.
C. The following products should NOT be advertised on the Daily Mammoth:
- products that could be used to injure or kill,
- products that could present a high-liability exposure,
- alcohol-related products,
- tobacco-related products,
- sexually suggestive products,
- food products,
- beverage products, and
- products that are inimical to the mission or the image of the College.
Violation of these guidelines may result in suspension of an individual’s use of the Daily Mammoth and other steps as noted in the Terms & Conditions of website use.
Submitting an event to the Daily Mammoth does NOT post the event to the Calendar or reserve the space. You should ALSO submit events to the College Event Calendar, and reserve a space separately.
Note to Students
If an announcement does not meet these guidelines, the student who submitted it will be NOTIFIED BY EMAIL that the proposed announcement must be revised to meet these guidelines. The student should review the announcement and these guidelines, make the appropriate corrections to ensure it fully meets these guidelines, and resubmit the proposed announcement. The resubmitted announcement will then re-initiate its entry into the normal review process.
Go to the Daily Mammoth »