Emergency Leave Bank, Flu Clinics, Premium Pay Clarification and More
Quarantine and Isolation Leave Policy
In order to provide guidance regarding leave time available to staff during a COVID-19-related period of quarantine and/or isolation, the College has established a policy. Visit the Quarantine and Isolation Leave Policy webpage for more information.
COVID-19 Emergency Leave Bank
The College has also created an Emergency Leave Bank that will allow staff to contribute leave time and to request use of donated leave time to address severe hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the COVID-19 Emergency Leave Bank Policy webpage for more information and to access contribution/request forms.
Flu Clinics and Flu Shots
The College will once again provide flu shots to all staff and faculty working on campus, and separately to staff and faculty working remotely.
- Due to the pandemic, we strongly recommend that everyone on campus receive the flu shot this year. According to the CDC, “Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever during 2020-2021 to protect yourself and the people around you from the flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- The College will also administer the vaccine to all students on campus, as mandated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and required by the College, per the Statement of Shared Responsibility that students agreed to before returning to campus.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact the OHR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Payroll Clarification on Premium Pay
- Staff who are placed in isolation or quarantine, as described in the Quarantine and Isolation Leave Policy, will not be eligible for premium pay during the period they remain in quarantine or isolation.
- Supervisors/department chairs must provide Payroll with the total amount of hours per week that will be paid as regular time to staff in isolation or quarantine. This will be considered an exception under our payroll rules.
- If you have any questions, please email Payroll at email@example.com.
USDA Extends Free Meals for Kids Initiative
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended its summer meal through the end of the year. All parents are eligible to receive meals for their children at no cost regardless of financial need. Inquire with your local school district for details.
Testing Appointment Scheduling
Reminder: COVID-19 test appointments on campus must be made in advance and kept, unless rescheduled via the same link used to make the appointment. Please respect this request, as it will enable testing center staffers to maintain traffic flow, as well as safe and efficient procedures.