March 25, 2020
Dear Supervisors and Department Chairs,
After transitioning to a remote work model last week, workload demands may be difficult to predict and plan for at times, requiring creative solutions to ensure the College’s business continuity. In response, we have created a number of tools to support supervisors, department chairs and staff, including:
- Resources for Remote Work to support our community during this time
- Guidelines for Remote Work for Staff and Guidelines for Remote Work for Supervisors/Department Chairs
- A Remote Work Resources for Staff webpage with tips for effective remote work, social distancing, and IT Resources
- A Remote Work Resources for Supervisors and Department Chairs webpage with tips for effective remote work, supervising remote teams, social distancing, and change management
- Weekly tips for remote work in the Daily Mammoth
- Zoom Community Calls to connect and check in as we adapt to the new reality of working remotely
- Virtual learning and wellness sessions to continue developing our skills
We are also aware that under this new model some staff, including casual staff, may have the capacity and are willing to take on new tasks and support departments in need of help. To provide a structure for organizing those resources, we have created the Remote Work Resource Exchange and are compiling a list of needs by department and a registry of available staff. Once these are posted in the Exchange, department representatives and interested staff can communicate directly with each other to find a good match of skills and needs. We will also provide guidance and support with training as needed.
To populate the Exchange and get it up and running, we ask that you:
- Complete the short and easy Remote Needs Survey by Thursday, March 26.
- Encourage staff members to visit the Remote Work Resource Exchange and add their names.
On Friday, March 27, responses will be collated into a spreadsheet and posted on the Exchange. We will update the spreadsheet every Friday to include new tasks and available staff to provide support.
Our Learning and Development Team, Fredricka Joyner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stephen Butler (email@example.com), are committed to supporting and guiding you through this extraordinary time. If you have questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact them; they are happy to assist you.
Thank you for everything you do to support our staff and the College. Be well and stay safe!
With best wishes,
Chief Human Resources Officer