Enter Enhanced Accessibility Mode
Skip to Sub Navigation
Skip to Main Content
How You Can Intervene to Help Protect the Herd
See someone wearing a mask incorrectly or not putting their mask back on after eating?
- “Hey, I think your mask might have slipped off your nose.”
- “Would you mind checking in with your friend? I don’t feel comfortable approaching them, but their mask is not covering their nose.”
- “That’s such a pretty mask! Can you pull it up over your nose so I can see the whole pattern?”
- “If you are done eating, could you please put your mask on, for both of our safety?”
See a large group of people not social distancing?
- “Hi all, COVID-19 policy limits people gathering in large groups. Could you please disperse or spread out more?”
- Identify someone in the group you know and talk with them specifically: “I’m not sure if you noticed how many people are here, but there doesn’t seem to be enough room for all of you.”
- Ask a colleague to help: “Do you know that group? Could you ask them to safely distance?”
Or, “I’d like to ask this group to safely distance. Can you join me in asking them?”