- Registration Required
Amherst faculty and instructional staff are invited to learn about, or get a refresher on, technology for supporting teaching and learning at Amherst. In these sessions we will share how Amherst faculty are using a variety of digital tools to accomplish their pedagogical objectives.
There are three options to choose from!
• Friday, September 7, 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 12, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, September 18, 10 a.m.
We will tailor these sessions to the interests of the attendees. A possible menu of topics includes:
• Moodle learning management for content distribution, discussions, assessment and collaborative activities
• Google Apps for group projects and document review
• Assistive technologies and the development of accessible instructional materials
• Active learning with classroom response systems (aka clickers), gamification, virtual reality and augmented reality
• Presentation and communication from PowerPoint and screencasting to graphic and web design
• Data collection and analysis using surveys, databases and mathematical and statistical applications
• Mapping and 3D including geographic measurement, synthesis and analysis, along with visualization and modeling tools
• Programming and high-performance computing for unique applications, big data and machine learning