The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation is dedicated to the protection of the environment and the promotion of sustainable development on a global scale. The Foundation supports initiatives of public and private organizations, in the fields of research and studies, technological innovation and socially-aware practices. Come to this information session to learn more about the summer internship available to Amherst students and the process for applying to and receiving funding for the internship, along with hearing first-hand from a previous intern about her experiences.
The Foundation supports projects in three main geographical zones and focuses its efforts on three main areas.
• The Mediterranean basin, due to the geographic position of the Principality of Monaco.
• The Polar Regions, as privileged indicators of climate change evolutions.
• The Least Developed Countries (as defined by the United Nations official list), such as the countries in Sahelian Africa, which are severely impacted by the effects of climate change, the loss of biodiversity and water shortage.
The Foundation has three principal domains of action:
• To limit the effects of climate change and promote renewable energies.
• To safeguard biodiversity.
• To manage water resources and combat desertification.