The World-Wide Web is a set of computer technologies that publish and display information over the Internet in a highly interactive manner. At the heart of the Web are several content and programming languages that will be covered in this example-based course:
• The Web content languages (HTML and CSS) that are the foundation of web pages
• A document object library (jQuery) that makes it easier to manipulate your pages
• User-interface frameworks (Bootstrap and React) that provide pre-built components for your pages
• A Web server (Node.js + Express) that lets you store and search for your data
• A server-side database (MongoDB) to provide efficient access to your data
Please think about a project to which you’d like to apply your new understanding!
Prerequisites: None; some programming experience helpful
The ability to write and speak persuasively is an essential life skill. Whether you are presenting an argument in class, applying for a job or running for public office, you need to be persuasive and compelling. Through learning and practicing how to structure and deliver a persuasive speech, this 90-minute workshop will prepare you to master the art and craft of persuasion. This event is open to all interested students and TRUTH contestants are encouraged to attend.