The Human Resources Activities Committee (HRAC) cordially invites all staff and faculty members to our New Employee Reception. Please join us for refreshments and to meet and visit with staff and faculty members who have recently joined our Amherst College community.
Please contact the Office of Human Resources with questions: 413-542-2372 or email@example.com.
The World-Wide Web is a set of computer technologies that publish and display information over the Internet in a highly interactive manner. At the heart of the Web are several content and programming languages that will be covered in this example-based course:
• The Web content languages (HTML and CSS) that are the foundation of web pages
• A document object library (jQuery) that makes it easier to manipulate your pages
• User-interface frameworks (Bootstrap and React) that provide pre-built components for your pages
• A Web server (Node.js + Express) that lets you store and search for your data
• A server-side database (MongoDB) to provide efficient access to your data
Please think about a project to which you’d like to apply your new understanding!
Prerequisites: None; some programming experience helpful
This is a program of realistic self-defense tactics, concepts, and techniques. It is a comprehensive course open to folks who self-identify as trans or cis women, and/or as nonbinary. It begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing to the basics of hands-on defense training. Available to all faculty, staff and students. Email RAD@Amherst.edu